Loan Shopper’s Documentation Checklist
The following list outlines the type of information you’ll generally need to present when you apply for a loan. Your lender will tell you specifically what to bring.
- Employers’ names and addresses for last two years (include dates of employment and gross monthly income)
- W-2s for last two years and pay stub(s) for last 30 days
- Year-to-date profit and loss statement and balance sheet prepared and signed by an accountant and you
- Signed tax returns for the last two reporting years
- Supporting documentation for any other income
- Gift letter (if applicable)
- Last three months’ bank statements for the following
- Checking and savings accounts
- Credit unions
- Security accounts (stocks, bonds, life insurance, IRAs, 401(k)s, etc.)
Liabilities(usually taken from credit report)
Current names, addresses, account number, and balances for:
- Present creditors (car loans, charge accounts, student loans, etc.). Must also indicate creditors not on credit report.
- Present mortgage lender (last 12 months’ cancelled mortgage checks and most recent statement)
- Present landlord (last 12 months’ cancelled rent checks)
Documents, if applicable, related to the following (with letter explaining circumstances):
- Judgments. Provide copy of release/satisfaction
- Bankruptcy. Provide copies of:
- Schedule of Bankruptcy (list of creditors)
- Discharge of Bankruptcy
- Other delinquent credits of record
- Fully executed contract of sale for subject property (purchase only)
- Fully executed contract of sale of present home (if being sold)
- Schedule of real estate owned, copies of rental agreement (leases only), and signed tax returns for the past two reporting years.
- Addresses of residences for the last two years and landlord contact information
- If you were a full-time student at any time in the past two years, a copy of your diploma or transcripts
- Social Security Number and Photo ID (State/Federal issued). Can use green card if applicable.
- Check for the application fee (if required)
- Copy of Divorce Decree (if applicable)
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of everyone involved in the transaction
- Copy of current mortgage statement, loan #, and creditor name (if applicable)